[squeak-dev] Alternative Background

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:32:34 UTC 2010

2010/3/24 Alexander Lazarević <laza at blobworks.com>:
> Oh, please. This is some kind of wallpaper! It's sole function is to spice
> up the look a little. Have a look at the tons of wallpapers containing the
> Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, Victoria Secret or whatever logos. Most of them are
> playful variations of the original logo. No one would say that this would
> make the UI inconsistent?!
>
> Alex

Alex, I am not trying to dramatize or even criticize your work. It is
really about conscientization. This is perhaps unrelated but this is
also the first thing that popped out in my mind when I saw your
screenshot. A wallpaper may spice up the look a little bit but won't
save Squeak UI anyway. The UI is under par. We may very well change
our habits if the consistency of the UI remains in the back of all our
heads and changes brought to Squeak in that respect will be mostly
positive. There is nothing wrong to come up with some kind of
wallpaper and equally nothing wrong to express how I feel about Squeak
UI. ;)

Now, we're going to have a lot of new fans if you get Victoria Secret
to back up a project like Squeak...

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/