[squeak-dev] Re: Packaging of 4.1 for Windows

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Thu Mar 25 08:27:09 UTC 2010

Ian Trudel wrote:
> Right. Let's say we get a first test round with an installer. I have
> generated a stand-alone executable installer from Torsten's
> instructions. NSIS does not produce MSI per se.
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/367835112/setup_squeak4.1-9745-alpha2010.03.23.exe.html

Hi Ian,

It installed just fine here on Windows XP, into the "Local
Settings\Application Data\Squeak 4.1 Alpha" directory.

I must say, I don't know the difference between "Application Data" and
"Local Settings\Application Data" in a user's directory. Ah. The
latter's for stuff that doesn't roam, because the stuff's large (3x 13M
files counts as "large", I reckon). So it's in exactly the right place.

frank