[squeak-dev] Re: Can't access www.squeaksource.com from Squeak

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 25 22:17:11 UTC 2010

On 3/25/2010 2:43 PM, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> HTTP 1.1 defines that Location must be an absolute URI, so
> squeaksource.com is clearly violating the specs, but browser seem to
> handle the Location header just fine.

Welcome to the real world. *Nobody* respects that rule :-)
Here is what we do:

	"Grab the url and retry. Note that although the HTTP spec says that the
	location header contains 'a single absolute URI' we've found that some
	places use a relative URI instead (and are therefore in violation of
the spec).
	Since asUrlRelativeTo: deals with absolute URLs too, that's not a problem."
	url := (header copyAfter: $:) withBlanksTrimmed asUrlRelativeTo: url.

Cheers,
   - Andreas