Cross-platform RPC (was: [squeak-dev] SOAP?)

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 23:32:14 UTC 2010

This might be off topic a bit, but assuming I could choose, what's the
most mature/robust method for doing cross platform RPC in Squeak? I'm
presently leaning toward XML because I'm familiar with it, and because
it's pretty broadly supported on other platforms.

I'd honestly rather hack something simple together with JSON, but I
don't really know where Squeak is at in that department.

I've never worked with SOAP, is the SOAP implementation in better
shape than the XMLRPC implementation?