[squeak-dev] Re: Unicode issues in 4.1

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Mar 26 07:09:13 UTC 2010

At Fri, 26 Mar 2010 01:11:17 +0100,
Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> More questions than answers yet...
> What is a presentation/presentationLines ? I don't really understand
> how these inst vars are used...

  I'm not looking at the code now, but these were used for the idea of
logical sequence (like sequence of Unicode character that may contain
the composition characters), and visual glyph sequence that may be
composed from the logical sequence.  But trying to implement fully
elaborated glyph shaping layout in Squeak is now I think to be a
really obsoleted idea and cleaning them up would be a sensible thing
to do...

-- Yoshiki