[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-cmm.390.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 19:00:57 UTC 2010

> That's what you get when you don't clean out the inbox. Morphic-MAD.381 was merged into trunk long ago (15 March 2010, 6:57:34.936 pm according to the source repo history - how's that for precision?) but not removed. Consequently, we now get diffs relative to this ancient version.
>
> When you merge something, clean up! Please :)

Hmm, is the SqueakSource web UI the only way to do this?  Let's just
count the gestures from the point after having Login, select Projects,
selected Inbox, and clicked versions.

  1.  Find the package-version in the list to clean-up.
  2.  Click "details" (off to the right).
  3.  Click "Delete Version" (on the left).  Be sure NOT to click
"Delete Package" or "Delete" (which may actually be "Delete
Dependencies" but you absolutely cannot tell because Dependencies is
on the next line, left-justified, looking like a separate command).
  4.  Next I suppose the software asks, "Are you sure?"  Click yes.
  5.  Repeat steps 1-4 for each other package-version to be cleaned up.

3 fine-motor gestures PER package-version!  This sort of UI asks the
user to submit himself to slave-labor just to clean-up something in
the computer..

Could this manual labor be avoidable since Morphic-MAD.381 is part of
the trunk history, it should be possible to ennumerate the history and
programmatically delete from the inbox?  If not that, then at least
checkboxes in the Web-UI next to the items in the list that can then
be applied the delete command..