[squeak-dev] Re: 4.1 status update / trunk feature freeze / release candidate

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Mon Mar 29 03:35:56 UTC 2010

On Mar 28, 2010, at 8:17 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On 3/28/2010 8:15 PM, Ian Trudel wrote:
>> I have taken a look to file association. It also requires admin
>> rights. One problem I have noticed is that the uninstaller will not be
>> using admin rights and won't be able to clean out properly. In the
>> case of file associations, it means the association is likely to
>> persist even once Squeak uninstalled. Perhaps, shall we consider to
>> require admin rights altogether?
>
> I'm not certain. The alternative is to just leave out the file associations. It's a tradeoff. Any opinions anyone?

What would happen if Squeak is uninstalled (leaving behind the file associations) and then some other software is installed that want to use those file associations?  If the new software installer happily stomps the associations, then maybe it's not such a big deal.

Thanks very much for working on the installer, Ian!

Cheers,
Josh