[squeak-dev] Installing Seaside - Green

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Mon Mar 29 12:52:36 UTC 2010

Casey Ransberger wrote:
> I've been hacking about with 3.0 in my Trunk image, building a neat
> little app, while the Trunk moves underneath me (I'm seriously updating
> Trunk underneath my Seaside app! I must be crazy!) and I'm happy to
> report that things seem to be working pretty damned well. The only
> problem I've had is I haven't been able to get the debugger to pop in
> the image when an exception is hit on the app, regardless of what I do
> in config, but this Problem (may) Exist Between Keyboard And Chair:)

Cool, I'm not the only one. I'm getting back into Seaside.

Er, and I did it in a different way to what's been reported:

* http://builder.seaside.st/
* Make a nice big darn-near-everything build
* Run the resultant ChangeSet
* Make some coffee
* Manually load the latest Magritte (Magritte-Model-lr.367,
Magritte-Seaside-lr.31)
* Hack.

I haven't run into anything broken, other than my understanding of
MAToManyRelation. (Hint: it's useful to have a call to #classes: in your
description.)

frank