[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-ar.403.mcz

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Mar 29 19:27:33 UTC 2010

On 3/29/2010 12:15 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
> This is great, thanks!  The Docking Bar is now worth the real-estate
> for me..  Thanks also for fixing the ClockMorph (from showing
> milliseconds).

Agree. When I saw the search box I was dumbstruck by how obviously a
great idea that is. Almost always I start my engagements with the system
by opening a browser going to find a class and then go from there. With
this interface I can avoid several gestures by typing in the class name
and hit enter.

There's more work that should be done here; for example I'd like to link
in searches in other places for inexact matches (how about a Google
query?) but it's a *great* start.

It's also an area where I'd like to see Squeak headed - better
interfaces for both pros and noobs. The search box is a really good step
in that direction.

Cheers,
   - Andreas