[squeak-dev] [ANN] Croquet OpenGL on Squeaksource

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Mar 30 02:34:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 01:54 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >  And at least it has a VM with a known build procedure.
>
> Huh?
Croquet and Cobalt ship with binary VM, and the procedure used to
generate the VM is undocumented and almost unknown.  By procedure I
don't mean "run VMMaker", but what specific sources and tools were used
to make the VM.

Fairly recent discussion on the cobalt list indicated the build
procedure was in flux.

Thinking the problems I encountered might reflect some library mismatch,
it seemed useful to be able to do the build myself.

Thanks Bert and Andreas for clearing up my misunderstandings about the
opengl for squeak package.

Ross