[squeak-dev] !| || and !|! as binary methods?

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 18:05:39 UTC 2010

Today I tried to define  !|  ||  and  !|!  as binary methods.
They all fail because the parser interprets  the '|' character
(the second '|' character in the case of  ||) as the beginning of
the declaration of local variables.

Is this a parsing error or the way Squeak is intended to be defined?

Now you might think !|  and  !|!  are pretty weird (which doesn't
invalidate my question) but I think  ||  is pretty natural as a binary method!

Regards,

Ralph Boland

--
Had a wife and kids in Florida, Jack (Nicklaus)
Went out for a "ride" but I couldn't get back