[squeak-dev] [documentation] HelpSystem, revision control, and process

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat May 1 00:20:24 UTC 2010

Comments inline.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 4/30/10, Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The reason I recommend using Trunk is so that folks don't need to switch
> > contexts to add documentation. I also think that having a help system in
> > standard image is a good idea.
> +1

thanks

I would expect to modify
> > Smalltalk>>unloadAllKnownPackages to unload it, as I don't believe such a
> > system belongs in a core image at all.
> >
> +1

thanks

> or just having a script which removes the documentation if people want
> to go for a runtime system. But probably then still people want
> documentation to be there for service purposes.
>
> > These are just my feelings, though. I do appreciate your caution about
> > adding bloat to Trunk;
> I'am astonished that you use the word 'bloat' in connection with
> documentation  :-(

We should be careful about how much and what stuff we keep in the Trunk. The
contents of the Trunk are our Karma. That's all I'm saying. I'm not knocking
docs. Keep in mind I'm suggesting to include a documentation system in
Trunk... because that's my Karma. Dig it, man?

--Hannes

--
Casey Ransberger