Mandelbrot/Julia Sets Re: [squeak-dev] Float storage as Double?

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Sun May 2 06:04:45 UTC 2010

All this talk of Mandelbrot sets prompted me to write a Julia Set morph using my OpenCL framework.  Here's how to try it out in a 4.1 image...

First, load the code:

	Installer squeak
		project: 'FFI';
		install: 'FFI-Pools';
		install: 'FFI-Kernel'.
	Installer ss
		project: 'OpenCL';
		install: 'OpenCL'.

Once the code has loaded, evaluate:
	OpenCLJuliaSetMorph new openInHand

You can move through the parameter-space by changing the "real" and "imaginary" components.  These are exposed to eToys.  I recommend hooking them up to a JoystickMorph.  I've attached a screen-shot of the script that I use.  The division by 40 is so that I can resize the JoystickMorph to be larger, and thereby move more precisely through the parameter space.