[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-ul.59.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Sun May 2 11:58:32 UTC 2010

On 2010/05/02 11:03, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> Levente Uzonyi uploaded a new version of ToolBuilder-Morphic to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolBuilder-Morphic-ul.59.mcz

> Name: ToolBuilder-Morphic-ul.59
> Author: ul
> Time: 2 May 2010, 12:46:58.475 pm
> UUID: 8f5cbf2c-ce56-694f-a88d-5775750e6c57
> Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Morphic-fbs.58
>
> - fix: #edit:label:accept: didn't set the label
>
> =============== Diff against ToolBuilder-Morphic-fbs.58 ===============
>
> Item was changed:
>    ----- Method: MorphicUIManager>>edit:label:accept: (in category 'ui requests') -----
>    edit: aText label: labelString accept: anAction
>    	"Open an editor on the given string/text"
> +
>    	| window |
>    	window := Workspace open.
> + 	labelString ifNotNil: [ window setLabel: labelString ].
> + 	window model
> + 		acceptContents:  aText;
> + 		acceptAction: anAction.
> - 	window model acceptContents:  aText.
> - 	window model acceptAction: anAction.
>    	^window.!

I'd noticed the lack of label-setting when I touched this method. I
didn't do anything about the issue because I was fixing something else :)

But things look a bit strange. Look at the versions for
MorphicUIManager>>edit:label:accept:. You'll see the version above, "ul
5/2/2010 ...", and then "ar 4/21/2010 ...". There's no mention of the
changes introduced by ToolBuilder-Morphic-fbs.58, the ancestor of this
version.

You can, however, see my changes and Levente's if you diff between the
versions (as one would expect).

I had expected to see ul's version of the method, then mine, and then ar's.

Is this a bug?

frank