[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-cbr.324.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun May 2 15:44:06 UTC 2010

I love full-screen mode, there is something "zen-like" about being
completely "in" the Squeak environment rather than just "looking in
from the outside."  Unfortunately, ever since I switched to Linux I
haven't been able to use it because it prevents my switching to other
windows.  :(

With Linux, it seems a full-screen app takes over completely and
doesn't let any other windows appear on top of it for more than a
split second after using Alt+Tab.  Even worse, the full-screen window
loses keyboard focus, so you actually have to left-click somewhere to
regain control.

Windows does it right, allowing other windows on top of the full-screen window..