[squeak-dev] [Documentation] Classes with class comment with size > 1000 chars

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Sun May 2 19:57:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> But what is then the difference to the superclass #HashedCollection.

that one is abstract - see its class comment (which is, I believe, one
of the better examples).

Sets are also HashedCollections, by the way, and that is why THIS:

> The comment of class dictionary:
>
> I represent a set of elements that can be viewed from one of two
> perspectives: a set of associations, or a container of values that are
> externally named where the name can be any object that responds to =.
> The external name is referred to as the key.  I inherit many
> operations from Set.

... makes me itch. Dictionary claims to "inherit" operations from Set,
when it is a subclass of HashedCollection. OK. We've got a job to do.
:-)

Best,

Michael