[squeak-dev] Re: Proposal: Project Pink Book

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Sun May 2 21:00:52 UTC 2010

2010/5/2 Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com>:
> If you feel so strongly that we should have an integrated spell checker, why
> don't you implement or integrate one, and then push it to the Inbox? I would
> *love* to be able to spell check things in Squeak.

Squeak is a complex system, more than some of us would admit. I don't
think I will be contributing code in a nearby future. Surveys,
articles, installers, documentation and alike are likely to be more
suitable to me and it seems to be a working formulae for me.

I am reading the comment from Bert and I believe there is a
misunderstanding. When someone writes documentation for something he
or she understands, he or she does not have any immediate need for
this documentation. The reciprocity Bert mentioned is nonexistent. I
can document something for another person but this person won't
implement tools for documentation.

Listen up. There is no need to stretch the conversation beyond its
necessity. I will respect the decision of the community and I will
contribute as I can.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/