[squeak-dev] comments on SFC agreement

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue May 4 22:26:51 UTC 2010

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 04.05.2010, at 15:47, John M McIntosh wrote:
> > Or am I just confused by not assuming that:
> > "and be freely copied, modified and redistributed by the general public"
> > is the same as the MIT license?
>
> It's intended to mean the same, yes. Where do you see a difference?

Actually, our software is a mix of Apache 2, MIT (X11, actually) and GPL
(parts of the Unix VM) and I feel that this phrase in the agreement is
equivalent to this. In particular, all three are listed in the
"GPL-Compatible Free Software Licenses" section of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

-- Jecel