[squeak-dev] Can not load Aliens FFI in Squeak 4.1

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:24:26 UTC 2010

On 5 May 2010 14:42, Dmitry Matveev <dmm1989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Could you please help me?
>
> I'm experiencing the following trouble: when I'm loading the Alien FFI (from
> the squeaksource or from the .mcz files manually) in Squeak 4.1, I'm getting
> the DNU expection Array>>createMethod:header:

This happens, when you using an obsolete way of encoding
a method's trailer - bytes instead of instance of CompiledMethodTrailer.

Here the fix:

MethodNode>>generate
	"The receiver is the root of a parse tree. Answer a CompiledMethod. The
	argument, trailer, is the references to the source code that is stored with
	every CompiledMethod."

+++	^self generate: CompiledMethodTrailer empty
---	^self generate: #(0 0 0 0)

Btw, this method is included by default in 4.1 images, and in pharo images,
which integrated new compiled methods trailers.
So, Alien don't needs to override this method anymore.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.