[squeak-dev] Help Browser DNU

Tim Johnson tjohnson at iwu.edu
Thu May 6 19:34:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

Great work on 4.1.

I just wanted to load the WebClient from Andreas, so I found a way to load HelpBrowser (not included in 4.1) into a brand-new stock image.  This is from some message which Google popped up when I searched for "squeak HelpSystem":

 Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository';
        install: 'ConfigurationOfHelpSystem'.

     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfHelpSystem) project version: '1.0') load

The Help Browser opened up (and helpfully added itself to my World>>open... menu!)

However when I click the middle bar in the Help Browser window (which has some strange graphics artifacts), I get dumped to the debugger:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #panelRect
ProportionalSplitterMorph>>leftBoundary
ProportionalSplitterMorph>>normalizedX:

Sadly I just had to type all that in, too, because the scrollbar menu button in the DNU window doesn't do anything... no pop-up menu.

Very sorry but I'm not putting this in Mantis and making a test case and all that.

Best,
Tim