[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-lh.320.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Fri May 7 19:43:23 UTC 2010

A new version of System was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/System-lh.320.mcz

Name: System-lh.320
Author: lh
Time: 7 May 2010, 9:42:45.382 pm
UUID: 82ab7265-5a85-45f5-975d-d9d6f453b50c
Ancestors: System-ar.319

Inform the user if the update failed because the remote server config could not be read correctly.

We use this at university (where we have our own update site), so the students are not greeted with a debugger if our squeaksource server is unreachable.

=============== Diff against System-ar.319 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Preferences class>>ecompletionEnabled (in category 'standard queries') -----
+ ecompletionEnabled
+ 	^ self
+ 		valueOfFlag: #ecompletionEnabled
+ 		ifAbsent: [true]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Preferences class>>useRBASTForPrettyPrint (in category 'standard queries') -----
+ useRBASTForPrettyPrint
+ 	^ self
+ 		valueOfFlag: #useRBASTForPrettyPrint
+ 		ifAbsent: [false]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Preferences class>>mercuryPanel (in category 'standard queries') -----
+ mercuryPanel
+ 	^ self
+ 		valueOfFlag: #mercuryPanel
+ 		ifAbsent: [false]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Preferences class>>chasingBrowsers (in category 'standard queries') -----
+ chasingBrowsers
+ 	^ self
+ 		valueOfFlag: #chasingBrowsers
+ 		ifAbsent: [true]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Preferences class>>ecompletionSmartCharacters (in category 'standard queries') -----
+ ecompletionSmartCharacters
+ 	^ self
+ 		valueOfFlag: #ecompletionSmartCharacters
+ 		ifAbsent: [true]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Preferences class>>ecompletionCaseSensitive (in category 'standard queries') -----
+ ecompletionCaseSensitive
+ 	^ self
+ 		valueOfFlag: #ecompletionCaseSensitive
+ 		ifAbsent: [true]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Utilities class>>updateFromServer (in category 'fetching updates') -----
  updateFromServer
  	"Update the image by loading all pending updates from the server."
  	| config |
  	"Flush all caches. If a previous download failed this is often helpful"
  	MCFileBasedRepository flushAllCaches.
  	config := MCMcmUpdater updateFromDefaultRepository.
+ 	config
+ 		ifNil: [self inform: 'Unable to retrieve updates from remote repository.' translated]
+ 		ifNotNil: [
+ 			self setSystemVersionFromConfig: config.
+ 			self inform: ('Update completed.
+ 			Current update number: ', SystemVersion current highestUpdate) translated].!