[squeak-dev] Minutes from 5/5 Squeak Oversight Board meeting

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Sat May 8 05:05:05 UTC 2010

It seems to have been a productive meeting. I'm glad to see more about
the CC license. It should be noted that we could use CC license for
the documentation as well. I believe Wikipedia uses it.

>From the minutes:
On the topic of being beginner-friendly, Bert noted that he liked the
ProfStef tutorial available in Pharo.  We think that, or a similar
tutorial might be nice to have in Squeak, too. Chris noted that Maui
might be nice for that. And it would be better if it was integrated
into the HelpBrowser, as Andreas remarked. Too many scattered tools
make it harder to discover “the good stuff”.

I agree with Andreas. We should focus our energy onto the HelpSystem
to maximize our overall chances of success.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/