[squeak-dev] Cleaning up SqueakMap

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Thu May 13 18:03:21 UTC 2010

After the recent discussions about revamping SqueakMap, I decided to attempt
Animation."

Current Status: there is no file to download and no way to contact the owner

Process:
1. Download link - broken
2. Link to user page - page does not exist
2.5. SqueakSource - project search "3D" and "facial" produce no results
3. Owner email - mail delivery failed
4. Google - no promising leads (name mentioned, but didn't find contact
info)
5. Facebook - found person with same name; message, pending response

Now the only value I can see to having this project appear in SM is to let
people know "hey this sort of thing is possible."  OTOH, it sucked quite a
bit of time from my day tracking it down, when who knows how many previous
detectives went through the same process.

It would be great it I could:
* indicate the status of this project on SqueakMap e.g. "No file to download
- for historical value only"
* leave the process I took right there, so that someone who really wants it
can pick up where I left off instead of starting from scratch.

Thanks.
Sean