[squeak-dev] The Trunk: SUnit-ar.76.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu May 13 19:21:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Brent Pinkney <brent at zamail.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is not simpler to just wrap the test in #valueWithin:OnTimeout:   ?

You mean in the body of the method itself?  If so, then this doesn't seem
simpler or better to me.

a) the code of the test is harder to read because its indented within a
valueWithin:OnTimeout:.

b) if I wanted to run the test without a timeout I couldn't because putting
the #valueWithin:OnTimeout: couples the running of the test with the
timeout.

> In that case the entire test runner can be edited by the user, it has a
> gui, to set the timeout ?

I don't understand this.  Why can't one edit the timeout in the method tag
just as easily as if it were in the body of the method?  I guess I'm not
understanding where and how you're suggesting do the wrapping.  Can you be
more exact; assume I'm clueless (not a bad assumption in my case)?

cheers
Eliot