[squeak-dev] Re: Changing initials on SqueakSource

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 14 23:24:04 UTC 2010

Am 14.05.2010 um 16:08 schrieb Sean P. DeNigris:
> On May 14, 2010, at 6:59 PM, Bert Freudenberg [via Smalltalk] wrote:
> > Utilities authorInitialsFromUser
>
> I may not have been clear - I meant the login initials (which appear, for instance, in search results for a project)

Ah well. They don't really matter when you want to submit code to Squeak (which is why you were asked to choose unique ones). They are just a login name. Although it's still a good idea to use the same as in your code.

Anyhow, that account name can only be changed by a the SqueakSource server admin, requires some fiddling directly in the image (it's not supposed to ever change).

> Also, Squeak 4.1 trunk update 10145 (and Pharo 1.0) don't seem to have this method.

In trunk it's this, sorry:

Utilities setAuthorInitials

- Bert -