[squeak-dev] 4.2 wish list

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:40:53 UTC 2010

On 5/14/10, Chris Muller <cmm at 4dst.com> wrote:
> 4.1 was one of those great Squeak releases where there were
> significant infrastructural improvements.  I would like 4.2 to push
> even further toward the dream of a free, industrial-grade Smalltalk
> engine.  A Smalltalk in which the tools a Smalltalk developer expects
> to work, work, and work well.  But we still have a gap to fill:
>
>   - Refactoring

May be ready soon to be ticked off....

Colin Putney published a configuration which loads the OmniBrowser
with Refactoring into Squeak4.1 trunk. He asks us to try it out.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150710.html

The configuration file which loads it is in the Inbox
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Configurations-cwp.1.mcz

I loaded it out today - user level testing is needed now
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150722.html
(Contains the very short load information)

--Hannes