[squeak-dev] Re: Community Supported Packages

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.ca
Tue May 18 03:01:01 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-17, at 6:24 AM, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:

> I repeat, you are one step behind the times, Torsten. We have chosen. Colin has just created the first test case.

Easy there. I was hoping the configuration I committed would give us something concrete to talk about; I meant to spur discussion, not end it.

That said, I do like Andreas' proposal, in that it gives us, the Squeak community, a little more control of the package universe that surrounds the core image, and less dependence on package maintainers. It's a bit like the FreeBSD ports tree in that regard.

Colin