[squeak-dev] Cross-fork Metacello configurations

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri May 21 16:14:37 UTC 2010

I created a Squeak/Pharo SSpec, which puts the fork-specific world menu code
into a Platform package.

As I work on the config, I have come up against Pharo using Object as a
subclass, but the Squeak Inbox requiring (because of the browser tool)
MetacelloConfiguration.

What would be the best/easiest way to deal with this?

If the configs have to be forked, then Metacello really loses value (i.e.
#squeak and #pharo).  And, I do a lot of work in both forks, so it would be
a shame to pick one to upload to and not share work that has already been
done with half the users.

Thanks.
Sean