[squeak-dev] How do submit text fixes to welcome windows

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sun May 23 18:15:46 UTC 2010

I submitted an issue for some grammatical and other text fixes to the windows
that are open in the world in fresh images
(http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7537).

On Ken's request, I'm posting it here for suggestions on how to categorize
it and get the changes into the image...

0007537: Suggestions and grammatical fixes to "The Squeak User Interface"
window.
Description	 Grammar fixes:
* "Projects *are* can be used to change quickly from one task to another"
should be "Projects can be used to change quickly from one task to another"
* "Halos allow complex graphical objects to be explored--or" -> "Halos allow
complex graphical objects to be explored -- or" (although I think the double
dash looks funny, used in the last paragraph too)
* "The Squeak UI has some unusual elements that you may not have seen
before. Here is" should be two spaces before "Here is" like the rest of the
text i.e. "The Squeak UI has some unusual elements that you may not have
seen before. Here is"

Suggestions:
* "Each project maintains its set of windows, plus its own set of Smalltalk
changes and its own screen color depth." - Someone who doesn't know what a
project is, probably won't know what is meant by "set of Smalltalk changes,"
or "screen color depth." I think they should either be explained or removed.
* "In a morphic project, cmd-click (alt-click)..." This is confusing (and
maybe inaccurate). I would put something like "cmd-click (Mac), or alt-click
(Windows)," if that's what is meant, and add either "by default" or " (can
be changed in preferences)
Additional Information	 Is there a way to submit fixes like this on live
objects? I figure out how to do something like upload to inbox. Thanks.

KenCausey
05-23-10 18:08

I would really like to categorize this one and de-assign it from myself. ;)
But I can't see where to fit it into my current category scheme. If we can
come up with a suggestion of how to code it (no, I don't have any real ideas
at the moment) that might suggest a category. How about asking for
suggestions on squeak-dev?

Sean