[squeak-dev] Re: Need someone to test if NBOpenGL works for you on win32

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue May 25 04:22:51 UTC 2010

On 5/24/2010 8:32 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> It either your card doesn't supports MSAA,
> or driver don't likes the FBO configuration which i provided.

I think the error code indicates a problem with the FBO configuration.
For example, check out the restrictions on OpenGL ES for this stuff:

http://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/doc/man/glCheckFramebufferStatus.xml

It seems as if one needs to be very picky for getting the 'right'
configuration on all platforms. Is there an enumeration by any chance
that allows one to pick the proper (supported) configuration?

> Check that
>
> NBWinContextState new pixelFormatInfo extensions includes:
> #GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil

It's there.

> Also, you could try running with MSAA turned off, go to
> NBGLDisplay class>>pickImplementation
>   and put comment around " ^ NBMSAAOffscreenDisplay  "

That appears to work but the glyphs are drawn "improperly" (see
screenshot). I'm not sure if that's the way they're intended to be
rendered or if that's an artifact of running a different configuration.

Cheers,
   - Andreas