[squeak-dev] Morph>>isStackBackground in unloaded images

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:41:32 UTC 2010

I notice that after doing #unloadAllKnownPackages, yellow clicking the world
causes PasteUpMorph to MNU on #isStackBackground. This is a method on Morph
which is probably being unloaded with Etoys.

I would tend to think that yellow clicking the world is something that
should work in an unloaded image, but I'm not really sure what to do: I
don't want to rip any stacks code out of the system in a way that isn't
reloadable. Is the hypercard-like subsystem in recent versions of Squeak
functional? I haven't figured it out.

Recently on the fonc mailing list, Ted Kaehler revealed a V30-based image
called "Moshi" which had the stacks stuff very much working, but I'm not
sure that they'd port easily, because the system uses a (really
interesting!) radical approach to text layout. The image is worth checking
out anyway. His announcement was here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/fonc@vpri.org/msg01279.html

Wrt the error in unloaded images, I was wondering: is there a pattern around
doing something conditionally based on whether or not a particular package
is installed?

--
Casey Ransberger