[squeak-dev] meta-objects for closures? (CompiledMethod >> #embeddedBlockMethods and #allEmbeddedBlockMethods don't work)

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Wed May 26 05:47:54 UTC 2010

Hi Eliot,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> What exactly do you mean by getting teh corresponding BlockClosure
> instances?  You mean create some representative ones or search the image for
> existing instances?  If the former then the attached will be useful.

the former is correct. Thank you for the attachment - in the meantime,
we had built a small tool that creates embedded block method
descriptors from the information that CompiledMethod >>
#startpcsToBlockExtents delivers.

Isn't it a bit sad that embedded block methods cannot any longer be
accessed as CompiledMethods? I think it is a loss of richness at the
meta-level.

Best,

Michael