[squeak-dev] stdio support

blake dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 19:41:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
 wrote:

> I thought Blake wanted to do the reverse. Not run a curses app inside
> Squeak, but make a curses UI for a Squeak app. Is there something in Ian's
> package to help with this?

Right. Although the development would become an issue if you didn't have
some way to look at your output.

Also, Curses is more a model than anything. I wanted to interface with
Curses on the premise it would make cross-platform portability easier. But I
really don't need much: Just ability to read (and ideally set) screen size,
ability to peek and poke screen coords, and a way to capture input.

At least, I don't think it's much; it was obviously too much for me.