[squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:37:44 UTC 2010

On 11/10/10, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
> Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>> Juan
>>
>> Your work is exciting. A work of 6 years! Thank you for making this
>> available and thanks to ESUG for partially sponsoring your work.
>>
>> I think we should try it out in any case.
>>
>> Any suggestions how to proceed? There are four change sets -- some of
>> the Pharo specific.
>>

>> --Hannes
>>

> Hi Hannes,
>
> The first thing to do is to try it. Start PharoCore 1.2, install the 5
> change sets in numerical order. After loading them, you can evaluate
> 'SimpleMorphicUIManager start' to enter SimpleMorphic and
> 'SimpleMorphicUIManager stop' to return to regular Morphic.
>

> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Thank you Juan for the answer

There are five change sets

SMx01-PharoEnhAndPreliminaries-jmv.3.cs    (47kB)
SMx02-PharoEnhAndPreliminariesCoda.1.cs    (1kB)
SMx03-ExtensionMethodsPart1.3.cs     (7kB)
SMx04-SimpleMorphic.11.cs    (1081kB)
SMx05-ExtensionMethodsPart2.7.cs   (5kB)

I filed them all in in order though
According to http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3210
SMx02 is not mentioned.

It worked fine.

An interesting impression to have Pharo have a look and feel like 'Cuis'.

A minor glitch -- if I right click (Windows) and choose 'about this
system' the image freezes.

A major thing however is that after some time the VM (Cog) crashed
with an out of memory message.

I assume on your end it does not  ........

--Hannes