[squeak-dev] using O-Meta for parsing, etc., this UDP packet template?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Nov 16 19:43:48 UTC 2010

I've had the Squeak-based SL client project on hold for a while due to
networking issues, but the most recent versions of various libraries
seem to work fine with the Second Life server, so I'd like to start that
up again.

My current issue concerns handling the 500+ UDP packets that define a
huge part of the Second Life client-server protocols:

http://lib.openmetaverse.org/template/release/1.19.1.4.txt

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Template_verifier.py

There are 3 interrelated tasks: parsing the template, parsing data from
incoming packets and creating data for outgoing packets. Jecel suggested
I look into O-Meta for this purpose, but I have not a clue how to get
started.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Lawson