[squeak-dev] Two compiler bugs

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:28:36 UTC 2010

I added a note to 7572, since I have always cared about this from a UI
perspective.

Is it possible to use syntax-highlighting to indicate an unused
temporary?  I find the computer prompting me for such a thing to be
disruptive, especially when I'm just working in a workspace and
temporarily commenting out portions, etc.

How ridiculous is it for Squeak to ask, "do you want me to remove it?"
and, after selecting "yes", it says, "sorry I can't do that" because
of an assignment.  So Squeak has bugged me twice to tell me some
manual intervention is required?!  Awful.

Even if it can't be indicated via syntax-highlighting, it seems like
something worth a preference..

 - Chris