[squeak-dev] New Tutorial on Events in Squeak, Pharo and Cuis

Peter Dinges me+squeak-dev at elwedgo.de
Sun Nov 21 04:22:54 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

> That was a very useful tutorial and it has increased my knowledge about
> event management in Squeak. There's an interesting kind of Catch-22 about
> this kind of learning: you need to look at it once clearly; and then you
> spend the rest of your career avoiding it. It's sort of like Assembly.

Thank you very much. Your comment suggests that the text has fulfilled its
purpose: document a) that there _are_ several disjoint mechanisms and b) how
to use them. I did not mean to advocate developing in this style. Thus,
"tutorial" probably was a misnomer as email subject (even though the text is
one).

When I have more time, I will include Juan's and Subbu's comments.

Cheers,
Peter