[squeak-dev] New macintosh vm builder & maintainer: Esteban Lorenzano

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 22 04:00:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 05:42:07PM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:
> Ten years back I took over the role of maintaining the Macintosh VM from
>John Maloney. Dan Ingalls wrote a letter of responsibility for me, which
> I accepted and have strived to carry forward.
>
> But it's time to assume a different role and I have asked Esteban Lorenzano
> to take over the build responsibility. Some of you know him already from
> his role in building Mars for Squeak, his presentations at ESUG conferences,
> and the awards he has won for his technical innovations.

John, thank you so much for all that you have contributed and worked for
in this community. I look forward to your future involvement in whatever
capacity you may choose.

Esteban, thank for volunteering to take on this work. It is great to see
that John's efforts will be carried forward in good hands. Thank you.

Dave