[squeak-dev] Re: objective C FFI plugin?

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:59:38 UTC 2010

Hi,
I think that will change in the future... I mean, the ObjectiveCBridge
can benefict for using Alien callbacks (non-semaphore based)... but
yes, there are an "almost" working pluging. The unique serious problem,
a scheduler error caused by  the callback logic, was fixed a couple of
weeks ago, but not-yet integrated to any released vm, because I'm still
learning to make the vms and to integrate changes :)
In the mean time, I think the most complex example (And I don't know if
it can be seen as an "example" because of it's complexity) is Mars
itself, take a look at http://squeaksource.com/Mars (btw, Mars is made
to work with Pharo, I don't know if it is working on squeak right
now... althought the plugin should work)

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2010-11-24 00:43:06 -0300, John M McIntosh