[squeak-dev] Web Services - SoapOpera problems

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 18:47:11 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to try some webservice experiments. I loaded the last version of SoapOpera but then, I struggled a lot and I still can't make it work.

First, I needed authentication and I didn't found how to do that in SOAP. I managed to make it work by hacking Kom.
Does someone knows how to do that properly or if it's not possible?

Second, I just can't make it work (whereas I can in PHP and it's dead simple :( with SoapClient). I have an error message saying that the interface is not known... After investigating a bit, I think that the problem is there is no "interpretation" of the wsdl file that describe the set of services.

Can people confirm if I'm wrong or not ?
What's the current state of SoapOpera development ? Are there alternatives ?

TIA

ps: in PHP

$client = new SoapClient($WSDL, array('login'=> $LOGIN,'password'=> $PASS));
$client->TDOptionsPromotion( "whatever parameters");

in Smalltalk (not the example I tried but something else that nearly works, except I get one value, the last one, instead of an array of five)

call := (SoapCallEntry tcpHost: 'footballpool.dataaccess.eu' port: 80) newCall.
call targetObjectURI: 'data/info.wso'.
call namespace: 'http://footballpool.dataaccess.eu'.
call methodName: 'TopGoalScorers'.
call addParameterNamed: 'iTopN' value: '5'.
call invokeAndReturn.