[squeak-dev] Crypto RSAWithSHA1 sign

Rob Withers reefedjib at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 02:49:14 UTC 2010

From: "Chris Muller" <asqueaker at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:33 PM
To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] Crypto RSAWithSHA1 sign

> Hi Rob,
>
>> I am maintaining 2 parallel Monticello package streams for Cryptography
>> until we can figure out what will go into the Trunk and what will remain
>> separate.
>
> Are you saying the packages are identical except for the package-names
> "Crypto" vs. "Cryptography"?

Hi Chris,

Well, it is slightly more complicated than that.

There is the Cryptography package in the Cryptography repository.  It holds
all cryptography code (other than plugin code).

Then there is the "set" of Crypto packages in the Inbox repository.  This
set is the contents of the Cryptography package, broken down into
sub-packages.  There is
    CryptoCore
    CryptoCoreTests
    CryptoExtras
    CryptoExtrasTests
    CryptoCerts
    CryptoCertsTests.

The latest plan I heard was that
CryptoCore/CryptoCoreTests/CryptoExtras/CryptoExtrasTests would all go into
the Trunk, leaving CryptoCerts/CryptoCertsTests to reside in the
Cryptography repository.

HTH,
Rob