[squeak-dev] [ANN] true unicode left arrows without clobbering underscores (cs)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Oct 4 11:31:53 UTC 2010

Am 2010-10-04 um 10:22 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:

>> Thought of something like that myself.
>> Does any other smalltalk allow 'true' arrows,
>> btw?
>> Anyone there to add the arrow to the default
>> font(s)?
>>
>> So Long,
>> 	-Tobias
>
> Our font's characterToGlyphMap could well map the codepoint 8592 to glyph index 256, and the arrow glyph be appended to the glyphs form ...
>
> - Bert -

Hm, sounds feasible but feels like a hack.
BTW: I noticed, that the Original Bitstream Vera is included as
TTCFont, however, the Bitmap DejaVu StrikeFont is based on
its Descendant. I noticed that the actual DejaVu font includes
an arrow whilst the Vera does not. Why not replace the Vera
by the DejaVu entirely?

So Long,
	-Tobias