[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SqueakSSL - a platform interface for SSL/TLS

Tom Rushworth tom_rushworth at mac.com
Tue Oct 5 03:29:10 UTC 2010

Well, that leaves one or more of:
1) the bundle path (which you say is good, but it might be worth double checking),
2) the actual file executable content,
3) missing libraries, or
4) corrupted download of the plugin.

For (2), try using the "file" command on the actual executable file of the SSL plugin and on the executable of a known good plugin - this will look at the first few bytes of the file to see what type the loader is going to think it is.  You'd expect them to be the same type :).

For (3), there's a tool to get a list of libraries used by the executable.  Use "otool -L" for 10.5, and possibly "dyldinfo" for 10.6.  I haven't used them recently, so my memory is pretty vague, but the idea is to get a list of required libs, then go around looking to see that you have them.
Sometimes it can be as simple as a missing symbolic link for a a general name (e.g. "libfoo" -> "libfoo.1.2.3").

For (4), I guess you download a second time and compare the resulting bundles.  You might have to cobble something together with "find" and "cmp".

If none of the above work, I'm out of ideas :).

--
Tom Rushworth