[squeak-dev] Anyone get the SqueakSSL plugin to work under Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Was Re: [ANN] SqueakSSL - a platform interface for SSL/TLS

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:04:40 UTC 2010

I agree with everything you just said.

And I'll throw in that I have a weakness for stating things in a tone that
is inflammatory. It's a vice of mine. In my defence, I find it extremely
difficult to contradict you. I'm sure I come off as a thorn, but owing to
your fantastic level of skill, it's hard to take a line like this.

So let me try another, more mature tack:

Andreas, I think I can safely speak for Lawson when I say we find the
inclusion of SSL in Squeak to be extremely exciting. I acknowledge that
owing to your almost peerless ability, a programmer like you cannot be moved
to do something unless they want to it. The hourly cost to ask you to
explore a problem would be staggering. It is therefore delightful that you
contribute so many fun projects to Squeak as often as you do almost as
though you have a bottomless box of toys which you pour over the community
with the appearance of effortlessness.

Please have a second look at the Mac plugin for SSL, as there may be a
problem with it.
My obstreperousness is exceeded only by the satisfaction I hope to
experience using a successful SSL plugin on Squeak.

Chris