[squeak-dev] Re: Anyone get the SqueakSSL plugin to work under Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Was Re: [ANN] SqueakSSL - a platform interface for SSL/TLS

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Thu Oct 7 01:38:49 UTC 2010

  On 10/5/10 11:58 PM, Lawson English wrote:
>  On 10/5/10 10:37 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
>
>> Set the expected failure mask to -1 (meaning: ignore anything) or use
>> an error handler and resume it.
>>

> RIght. I was hoping there was an obvious setting for the quick and
> dirty class methods, e.g.: WebClient httpGet: URL failureMask: -1...
>
> Guess I could add that method myself, eh?

In fact it was as trivial as I would hope. Just took a few more seconds
thought than I had available at midnight.

create accessors:

WebClient>>ignoredCertIssues
"explanation deleted"
     ^certIssues

WebClient>>ignoredCertIssues: reasonsMask
"explanation deleted"
     certIssues := reasonsMask

WebClient>>initialize
add:       self ignoredCertIssues: -1
at the bottom.

in WebClient>>sslConnect:

add:     stream ignoredCertIssues: self ignoredCertIssues.
before:     stream verifyCert: self serverName.

WebClient httpGet: 'https://login.agni.lindenlab.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi'.

Works.