[squeak-dev] script arguments with spaces

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:49:32 UTC 2010

To get the first argument to the Smalltalk startup script we have:

   Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: 3

but does anyone know whether this can be an argument with spaces?

I actually want to allow the Linux user to specify a chunk of code
(which contains spaces) on the command-line.

I tried enclosing it in ticks, but Squeak still loaded each
system-attribute into its own slot.  Interestingly, it did not include
the beginning or ending tick.

So, it looks like I could assemble all of the pieces, separatedBy:
Character space, but that would limit the chunk to 997 "words"..