[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Compiler pedantic about ifNotNil: argument

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:14:39 UTC 2010

On 10 October 2010 20:10, Nicolas Cellier

> I don't follow the argument of readability. This leads to more
> readable code, with less {[()]} parasit.
> About ambiguity, it might traverse our spirit, but my original example
> was very intention revealing.
>
> process ifNotNil: #terminate.
>
> It's quite natural to associate the words (process terminate) in above sentence.
> Since ^#terminate makes no sense in this context, why should we fall
> into this interpretation ?

so, answer yourself, what intent of writing things like that:

process ifNotNil: TheVariable

and you suggest that if object, which sits in TheVariable, is symbol, then
it has to #perform upon process as receiver, and if not, then what?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.