[squeak-dev] Xtreams port to Squeak - second wave

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 20:09:07 UTC 2010

Hi again,
I now have ported two more packages
- Xtreams-Transforms
- Xtreams-Substreams
and their tests

I did not have any portability problem with those...
But that's because I did not handle the Character encoder/decoder.
Consequently, I have 8 tests failing (the Base64 related tests)
Plus 4 other tests failing because of my poor implementation of
#after:do: (forking processes in a SUnit TestCase can't be that
obvious).

Now, the easy part of the port (copy/paste) is almost ended.
Once we manage a compatible way to handle pragmas, PEG Parser should
port quite easily too.

Then, the harder work begins:
- File/Socket/Pipe
- Pointers (in External Heap)
- Character encoding/decoding
- Compression/Decompression

If you think you can help in any of these, please tell.

Nicolas