[squeak-dev] 32 bit float endian conversion... how?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Oct 12 10:19:13 UTC 2010

  I thought i had a method to convert squeak floats to 32 bit little
endian, but apparently it no longer works (if it ever did).

Is there an accepted conversion utility/strategy/algorithm for doing
this kind of thing? I've got my Second Life client working to the point
where an amorphous cloud appears in-world with the correct name-tag, but
its probably not facing the right way because I can't send a
little-endian float value. Since much of SL is based on 3D coordinates
and such, this will be a problem for sure if I try to do anything more
sophisticated than floating in mid air as a white cloud (the
non-rendering avatar default appearance).

Lawson