[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re: Xtreams port to Squeak - second wave

mkobetic at gmail.com mkobetic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 05:19:46 UTC 2010

"Sven Van Caekenberghe"<sven at beta9.be> wrote:
> >> I also found an issue: the process in XTTransformWriteStream doesn't
> >> terminate. If you run the tests, you'll get 12 lingering processes.
> >
> > I don't see that happening in Pharo 1.1. Normally the process should end normally when the stream is closed (the close synchronizes with the process via the closeReady semaphore). Maybe there's a missing close somewhere in the test suite ?
>
> I have these hanging processes as well (you probably know that the Process Browser does not auto update by default ?), I've never seen unit tests that did that...

OK, I can see this on VW side too. The following test cases fail to close the transform write stream (against our own advice, sic):

Xtreams.ReadingWritingTest>>#testWriteRejecting
Xtreams.ReadingWritingTest>>#testWriteSelecting
Xtreams.ReadingWritingTest>>#testWriteTransformHexToByte
Xtreams.ReadingWritingTest>>#testWriteTransforming1into2
Xtreams.ReadingWritingTest>>#testWriteTransforming2into1

I'll make the fixes on VW side.